Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 4-6
This squash is the perfect side for Thanksgiving! Try making soup out of the leftovers!
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces (about 2 lbs)
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl or container, mix the squash, oil, and spice mixture until evenly coated (I used a lidded container and shook it to coat evenly).
- Spread squash out evenly on prepared baking sheet, making sure the pieces don’t touch (otherwise they will steam, and won’t roast evenly nor brown on the sides)
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until browned.